Some of the Descendants of
of Marshfield, Plymouth Colony
Much of the information on this website concerning the Thomas Family can be found in the following source, which traces all descendants of William Thomas. It can be found in many genealogical libraries or borrowed through Inter-Library Loan:
Raymond, John Marshall. Thomas Families of Plymouth County, Massachusetts. Itasca, Ill.: Thomas Family Publications, Harlan Carter Thomas, pub., 1980.
Lieutenant ISAAC4 THOMAS (Nathaniel3-2, William1) was born at Marshfield, Plymouth Colony, on 19 October 1682 (VR Marsh 13,18), at ten at night. His parents were Capt. Nathaniel Thomas, Jr. and his wife Deborah Jacob.
Isaac Thomas married at Newbury, Massachusetts, on 25 October 1711 (VR Pem 360), ANNA4 TOMPSON (Edward3, Samuel2, William1), his first wife. The daughter of The Reverend Edward Tompson and his wife Sarah Webster, Anna was born at Simsbury, Connecticut, on 31 December 1689. Anna died at Pembroke, Massachusetts, on 1 March 1722/23 (VR Pem 453), aged 33 years and 3 months. She was buried at Pembroke Cemetery.
Isaac Thomas married at Pembroke on 14 January 1723/24 ABIGAIL CUSHING (VR Pem 360). His second wife, Abigail was born at Marshfield on 31 January 1703/4 (VR Marsh 26), a daughter of Joshua and Mary (Bacon) Cushing.
Isaac Thomas lived in Pembroke on lands purchased by his father from the Indians Jeremiah and Matthias. Isaac died at Pembroke on 16 March 1731/32 (VR Pem 453), in his 49th year. He was buried in the cemetery at Pembroke Centre "and by him lyeth 3 babies he had by Mrs. Abigail his last wife."
At Pembroke on 29 November 1732 widow Abigail (Cushing) Thomas married widower Captain ISAAC3 LITTLE (Isaac2, Thomas1) (VR Pem 359). Isaac Little was born at Marshfield on 21 February 1677/78 (MD 3:42), a son of Lt. Isaac Little and his wife Bethia Thomas (daughter of Nathaniel Thomas, Sr., and Mary). He had first married Mary Otis of Hingham. Captain Isaac Little died at Pembroke on 2 February 1758, in his 80th year (VR Pem 426).
Isaac Thomas and his first wife Anna Tompson had the following children:
Isaac Thomas and his second wife Abigail Cushing had the following children
- Captain EDWARD5 THOMAS
- ANNE5 THOMAS
- b. at Pembroke on 22 May 1715 (VR Pem 201)
- d. at Pembroke on 28 August 1715 (age 3 mo, 6 d) (VR Pem 453)
- MARY5 THOMAS
- b. at Pembroke on 27 July 1716 (VR Pem 203)
- d. at Pembroke on 13 October 1716 (age 2 mo, 16 d) (VR Pem 454)
- MARY5 THOMAS
- b. at Pembroke on 25 April 1718 (VR Pem 203)
- d. at Scituate, MA, on 14 October 1796 (age 78 y, 5 m, 8 d) (VR Sci 2:399)
- m. at Pembroke on 12 May 1737 Deacon BENJAMIN JACOB (VR Pem 361)
- b. at Scituate on 10 April 1709 (VR Sci 1:191)
- Child of Deacon David and Sarah (Cushing) Jacob
- d. at Scituate on 26 February 1792 (age 82 y, 10 m, 5 d) (VR Sci 2:399)
- RUTH5 THOMAS
- b. at Pembroke on 12 April 1721 (VR Pem 204)
- d. at Pembroke on 14 September 1806 (age 85) (VR Pem 400)
- m. at Scituate on 20 October 1737 Capt. JOSIAH4 CUSHING (John3-2, Matthew1) (Second Church, Scituate) (VR Sci 2:92)
- b. at Scituate on 29 January 1714/15 (VR Sci 1:119)
- Child of John Cushing and Sarah Thaxter
- bp. on 13 February 1715
- d. at Pembroke on 11 December 1793
- (child)5 THOMAS
- b. at Pembroke on bef 1 March 1722/3
- d. at Pembroke about 1 March 1722/3 (unnamed child of Isaac and Ann Thomas, buried with mother) (MD 11:29)
Abigail (Cushing) (Thomas) Little and her husband Isaac had the following children:
- ABIGAIL5 THOMAS
- b. at Pembroke on 28 February 1724/25 (VR Pem 200)
- d. at Pembroke on 27 March 1725 (VR Pem 453)
- ABIGAIL5 THOMAS
- b. at Pembroke on 29 May 1726 (VR Pem 200)
- d. at Pembroke on 26 June 1726 (VR Pem 453)
- HANNAH5 THOMAS
- b. at Pembroke on 27 July 1727 (VR Pem 202)
- d. at Pembroke on December 1727 (VR Pem 453)
- ISAAC5 THOMAS
- b. at Pembroke on 16 February 1728/29 (VR Pem 202)
- m (her 2d). at Plymouth, MA, on 12 May 1748 MARY WAITE
- b. at Plymouth on 27 February 1722/23
- Child of Richard and Mary (Barnes) Waite
- m (her 1st). Asa Hatch
- ABIGAIL5 THOMAS
- b. at Marshfield on 25 April 1732 (posthumous) (VR Pem 200)
- m. int. at Plymouth on 31 October 1747 THOMAS TORRREY
- Lemuel Little
- bp. at First Church, Pembroke on 25 January 1736 (VR Pem 140)
- d. at Pembroke on 17 April 1836; in the poor house; age 91 (VR Pem 426)
- Isaac Little
- b. at Pembroke about 1737/38 (based on age at death)
- d. at Pembroke on 6 April 1774 (age 36) (VR Pem 426)
- m. at Pembroke on 27 October 1760 Lydia Hatch (VR Pem 311)
- Marcy Little
- b. at Pembroke about 1740/41 (based on age at death)
- d. at Pembroke on 7 May 1779; age 38 (VR Pem 426)
Information on this family can be found in the following:
Other references abbreviated above include:
- Pane-Joyce, David. Scituate Genealogies. aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/gen/scituate/RR01/RR01.
- Raymond, John Marshall. Thomas Families of Plymouth County, Massachusetts. Itasca, Ill.: Thomas Family Publications, Harlan Carter Thomas, pub., 1980. pp. 251.
- Savage, James. Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England. Boston, 1860. vol. 4, pp. 281,284.
- Mayflower Descendant. Boston: Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants.
- VR Marsh
- Vital Records of Marshfield, Massachusetts, to the Year 1850.
- VR Pem
- Vital Records of Pembroke, Massachusetts, to the Year 1850. Boston: NEHGS, 1911.
- VR Sci
- Vital Records of Scituate, Massachusetts, to the Year 1850. 1909; Boston: NEHGS, 1976.
Return to "Chuck Maxfield's Genealogy Page"
Go to Name List Index
© 2000 by Charles A. Maxfield
Material on this website may be downloaded for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the proprietor of this website
Charles A. Maxfield