Direct Line of Descent
Rev. Jean Valentine Ranc (1688-171o)
Adam Michael Ranck (1850-1922)
For fuller information on the descendants of John Philip Ranck and John Michael Ranck, immigrants, consult:
Ranck, J. Allan. The Ranks of the Rancks: A Ranck/Rank Family History and Genealogy. Lebanon, Pa.: Sowers Printing Co., 1978.
If you would like some particular item of information looked up in this book, contact me, Chuck Maxfield, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ranks of the Rancks suggests the possibility that Jean Valentine Ranck was the son of Jean Ranc, a Reformed Church Pastor in Paris who fled to Strasbourg at the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes in 1685. However, this connection has not been proven.
- JEAN VALENTINE RANCK "Hans"
- b. at France in 1688
- d. at Mannheim, Palatinate, Germany, in 1710
- m. MARGARETHA PHILIPPES
- JOHN PHILIP RANCK
- b. at Mannheim, Palatinate, Germany, in 1704
- immigration. left Rotterdam on 20 June 1729 on Mortenhouse, arrived at Philadelphia on 17 August 1729
- d. in Pennsylvania in 1785
- m. in Europe bet June 1728 and June 1729 ANNA BARBARA SCHUMACHER
- immigration. with husband
- VALENTINE RANCK
- b. at Earl Township, Lancaster County, Pa, on 13 October 1737
- d. in Pennsylvanis on 19 February 1813
- m. abt 1759 ANNA MARIA
- JACOB RANCK
- b. at Pennsylvania on 4 December 1773
- d. on 23 November 1814
- m. abt 1801 ANN STOCK
- b. at Pennsylvania on 3 September 1780
- d. on 11 March 1865
- ADAM RANCK
- b. at Pennsylvania on 9 June 1808
- Minister in the Church of the Brethren
- d. on 28 March 1882
- m. abt 1832 BARBARA4 RESH (John3-2, Henry1)
- b. at Pennsylvania on 29 June 1812, daughter of John Resh and his wife Barbara Eby
- d. on 26 April 1893
- ADAM MICHAEL RANCK b. at Pennsylvania on 20 February 1850
Return to "Chuck Maxfield's Genealogy Page"
This page updated in 2015
This web page in the intellectual property of Charles A. Maxfield of Lansdale, PA.
Permission is granted to create links to this page.
Permission is granted to make a copy of this page for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the proprietor of this website
Charles A. Maxfield