Descendants of Edward Maxfield
AUGUSTIN MAXFIELD (Edward1) was born at Quebec city, Quebec, on 17 September 1816, and baptized on 18 September at Notre Dame de Quebec, a child of Edward Maxfield and his wife Marguerite Bourbon (ND de Q 1816:123). Although baptized with the surname Maxfield, his marriage record, and his childrens' records all use the surname MAXWELL, and he signed his name Augustin Maxwell.
Augustin Maxwell married ADELAIDE GERMAIN at Notre Dame de Quebec on 17 May 1836 (ND de Q 1836:104). She was a daughter of Pierre Germain and his wife Marguerite Marcotte. All four parents of the wedding couple had deceased before thier marriage. Augustin was called a blacksmith (forgeron) on his marriage record and all of the available baptismal and burial records of his children.
Augustin Maxwell and his wife Adelaide Germain had the following children:
- AUGUSTIN CYPRIEN3 MAXWELL
- b. at Quebec, Quebec, on 21 February 1840
- bp. at Quebec, Quebec, on 23 February 1840 (ND de Q 1840:34)
- ADELAIDE3 MAXWELL
- m. at Quebec, Quebec, on 4 September 1860 DAMASE BALANTAYNE (ND de Q 1860-65:33)
- HARRIET DELINA3 MAXWELL
- b. at Quebec, Quebec, on 20 October 1843
- bp. at Quebec, Quebec, on 23 October 1843 (ND de Q 1843:214)
- d. at Quebec, Quebec, on 10 December 1843
- bur. at Quebec, Quebec, on 11 December 1843 (ND de Q 1843:253)
- (Anonymous)3 MAXWELL
- b. at Quebec, Quebec, on 30 September 1844
- d. at Quebec, Quebec, on 30 September 1844
- bur. at Quebec, Quebec, on 1 October 1844 (ND de Q 1844:191)
Sources abbreviated above include:
- ND de Q
- Quebec Catholic Parish Registers, 1621-1900: Notre Dame de Quebec. familysearch.org.
Return to "Chuck Maxfield's Genealogy Page"
Return to Maxfield Genealogy
Go to Maxfield Outline Index
© 2010 by Charles A. Maxfield
Material on this website may be downloaded for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the proprietor of this website
Charles A. Maxfield