Descendants of Clement Maxfield
of Dorchester, Massachusetts
WILLIAM HERBERT9 MAXFIELD
(George8, Abel7, David6, probably Daniel5-4, Ebenezer3, Samuel2, Clement1)
was born at Bristol, Rhode Island (child's birth record) in April 1852 (1900 census), a child of George Wood Maxfield and his wife Ruth Barnard. He married HANNAH WEEDEN LINDSEY at Bristol on 6 July, 1881 (VR RI M 1881:508):
Bristol, Jul 6, 1881
Hannah was born at Bristol (marriage record) in September 1855 (1900 census).
William Herbert Maxfield of Bristol, 29, white, farmer, b. Bristol to George W. Maxfield and Ruth A. Bernard, 1st;
Hannah Weeden Lindsey of Bristol, 25, white, b. Bristol to Allen Lindsey and Caroline Pollard, 1st;
by Edwin F. James, minister
William Maxfield was a rubber worker, living in Bristol, in 1883 and 1885, when his children were born.
The 1900 census (1504:1:72) reported the William Maxfield family at Union Street, Bristol:
|Maxfield, William B.
|Maxfield, Hannah W.
|Maxfield, Edith A.
William died in 1918 (RI Cem).
Widow Hannah Maxfield appeared on the census records in 1920 and 1930. In 1920 (1670:7A) she was living at 107 Cook Street, Bristol, and working as an inspector in a woolen mill. In 1930 (2168:18A), at age 74, she resided at 113 Union Street, Bristol, and gave her occupation as housework for a private family.
Hannah Maxfield died in 1935 (RI Cem). William and Hannah were both buried in North Burial Ground, Bristol.
William and Hannah Maxfield had the following children:
- ADA10 MAXFIELD
- b. at Bristol on 12 April 1883 (VR RI B 1883:8)
- Bristol: Apr 12, 1883 Ada Maxfield, stillborn, female, white, 1st, b. Bristol to William H. Maxfield and Hannah W. Lindsay of Bristol, he rubber worker b. Bristol, she b. Bristol
- d. at Bristol on 12 April 1883 (VR RI D 1883:566)
- 1883 Deaths, Bristol, Apr 12, Ada Maxfield, stillborn, d. Bristol, b. Bristol to William H. + _____ Maxfield
- EDITH ALLEN10 MAXFIELD
- b. at Bristol on 26 December 1885 (VR RI B 1885:7)
- Bristol: Dec 26, 1885 Edith Allen Maxfield female white 2d b. Bristol to William Maxfield and Hannah Lindsey of Bristol; he rubber worker b. Bristol, she b. Bristol
Information on this family is found in:
Other sources abbreviated above include:
- RI Cem
- Rhode Island Historical Cemeteries Transcription Project. http://www.rootsweb.com/~rigenweb/cemetery.
- VR RI
- Rhode Island Department of Health, Providence, Rhode Island. Vital Records. microfilm, Genealogical Society, Salt Lake City, Ut.
Return to "Chuck Maxfield's Genealogy Page"
Return to Maxfield Genealogy
Go to Maxfield Outline Index
© 2004 by Charles A. Maxfield
Material on this website may be downloaded for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the proprietor of this website
Charles A. Maxfield