Descendants of Clement Maxfield
of Dorchester, Massachusetts
(John3, Samuel2, Clement1)
, son of John Maxfield and his wife Elizabeth Hall, was born at Dorchester, Massachusetts, on 3 October 1703(BRC 21:48). He was called John Maxfield Junior until his father's death. This younger John Maxfield died in Dorchester on 8 September 1760 (BRC 21:254).
John Maxfield married RUTH BLAKE at Dorchester on 1 December 1726 (BRC 21:112). She was the daughter of Joseph and Mahetabel Blake, born at Dorchester on 20 December 1702 (BRC 21:47). She died there on 27 October 1780 (BRC 21:267).
John and Ruth Maxfield had the following children:
- SAMUEL5 MAXFIELD b. at Dorchester on 21 October 1727
- ELIZABETH5 MAXFIELD
- b. at Dorchester on 5 January 1729/30 (BRC 21:81)
- ANN5 MAXFIELD
- b. at Dorchester on 29 January 1732/3 (BRC 21:85)
- RUTH5 MAXFIELD
- b. at Dorchester on 21 October 1735 (BRC 21:89)
- m. at Dorchester on 16 December 1762 EDWARD CURTIS of Boston (BRC 30:296)
JOHN5 MAXFIELD b. at Dorchester on 25 April 1741
EBENEZER5 MAXFIELD b. at Dorchester on 24 May 1743
- HANNAH5 MAXFIELD
- b. at Dorchester on 7 January 1745 (BRC 21:141)
- LYDIA5 MAXFIELD
- b. at Dorchester on 27 June 1748 (BRC 21:144)
- bp. at Dorchester on 10 July 1748 (GR 68:216)
- d. at Dorchester on 15 March 1748/9 (BRC 21:247)age 8 months, 18 days
- bur. Old Burial Ground, Dorchester (GR 6:240)
Sources abbreviated above include:
- BRC 21
- City of Boston, Report of the Records Commissioners. Vol. 21: Dorchester Births, Marriages and Deaths to the End of 1825. Boston: Rockwell and Churchill, 1891.
- BRC 30
- City of Boston, Report of the Records Commissioners. Vol. 30: Vol. 30: Boston Marriages from 1752 to 1809. Boston: Municipal Printing Office, 1903.
- New England Historical and Genealogical Register.
Return to "Chuck Maxfield's Genealogy Page"
Return to Maxfield Genealogy
Go to Maxfield Outline Index
© 2001 by Charles A. Maxfield
Material on this website may be downloaded for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the proprietor of this website
Charles A. Maxfield