Descendants of Clement Maxfield
of Dorchester, Massachusetts
RICHARD3 MAXFIELD (Samuel2Clement1) was born at Dorchester, Massachusetts, on 18 September 1692 (BRC 21:36), a child of Samuel Maxfield and his second wife Christian Potter.
The only certain record to Richard's life, after his birth, was that he witnessed the will of Joseph Atwood at Dighton, Massachusetts, on 2 September 1724 (BCP Abs 1:110). On the basis of that place of residence, it is speculated that he may have been the father of the following children:
- CHRISTIAN4 MAXFIELD
- m (int. at Freetown, MA, on 23 November 1739). JOHN BUTTER (VR Freet) she of Dighton, he of Freetown
- JUDITH4 MAXFIELD
- m (int. at Freetown on 11 October 1746). JOHN OMEE (VR Freet)
The identification of these two children with Richard is made by the following:
- BCP Abs
- Rounds, H. L. Peter, ed. Abstracts of Bristol County, Massachusetts, Probate Records, 1687-1745. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing co., 1987.
- BRC 21
- City of Boston, Report of the Records Commissioners. Vol. 21: Dorchester Births, Marriages and Deaths to the End of 1825. Boston: Rockwell and Churchill, 1891.
- VR Freet
- Thomas, Helen Gurney, comp. Vital Records of the Town of Freetown, Massachusetts, 1686 Through 1890. Bowie, Md.: Heritage Books, 1988.
- Sinclair, Doug. Message 552. 8 February 2003. "Maxfield Family Genealogy Forum." genealogy.com.
Return to "Chuck Maxfield's Genealogy Page"
Return to Maxfield Genealogy
Go to Maxfield Outline Index
© 2004 by Charles A. Maxfield
Material on this website may be downloaded for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the proprietor of this website
Charles A. Maxfield