Descendants of Clement Maxfield
of Dorchester, Massachusetts
, the son of Samuel Maxfield and his first wife Mary Davenport, was born at Dorchester, Massachusetts, on 20 November 1675 (BRC 21:14). He died at Bristol, Massachusetts, on 11 July 1737 (VR RI 6:1:147). His wife, ANNE, died in Killingly, Connecticut, in May 1740 (VR RI 6:1:147).
Perhaps she was the Ann Maxfield who was subject to church discipline at Milton, Massachusetts, on 4 July 1708 (GR 22:442)?
Ebenezer and Anne Maxfield had the following children:
- MARY4 MAXFIELD
- b. at Bristol on 21 November 1703 (VR RI 6:1:90)
- m. (int. at Bristol in August 1722) at Bristol on 13 September 1722 ROBERT WHITWELL (VR RI 6:1:35)
- PETER4 MAXFIELD
- b. at Bristol on 31 March 1706 (VR RI 6:1:90)
- m. (int. at Bristol on 3 January 1728/9) MARY MILLS (VR RI 6:1:35)
- SAMUEL4 MAXFIELD
- b. at Bristol on 27 July 1708 (VR RI 6:1:90)
DANIEL4 MAXFIELD b. at Bristol on 8 September 1712
Sources abbreviated above include:
- BRC 21
- City of Boston, Report of the Records Commissioners. Vol. 21: Dorchester Births, Marriages and Deaths to the End of 1825. Boston: Rockwell and Churchill, 1891.
- New England Historical and Genealogical Register.
- VR RI 6
- Arnold, James N. Vital Records of Rhode Island, 1636-1850. Vol. 6: Bristol County. Providence: Naragansett Historical Publishing Co.,1894
Return to "Chuck Maxfield's Genealogy Page"
Return to Maxfield Genealogy
Go to Maxfield Outline Index
© 2001 by Charles A. Maxfield
Material on this website may be downloaded for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the proprietor of this website
Charles A. Maxfield