Descendants of Clement Maxfield
of Dorchester, Massachusetts
JOHN3 MAXFIELD (Samuel2, Clement1), son of Samuel Maxfield and his first wife Mary Davenport, was born at Dorchester, Massachusetts, on 13 August 1671 (BRC 21:12). He died at Dorchester on 21 March 1739/40 (BRC 21:138), in his 69th year, and was buried in the Old Burying Ground in Dorchester (GR 6:276). He married ELIZABETH HALL at Dorchester on 2 July 1702 (BRC 21:104). Rev. Mr. John Danforth conducted the ceremony. She was born about 1676/7 based on her age at death. She died at Dorchester on 23 January 1742/3 (BRC 21:139) (January 20, age about 66, according to her gravemarker--GR 6:237).
John Maxfield and his wife Elizabeth Hall had the following children:
JOHN4 MAXFIELD b. at Dorchester on 3 October 1703
- SAMUEL4 MAXFIELD
- b. at Dorchester on 5 July 1705 (BRC 21:50)
- d. at Dorchester on 25 September 1719 (BRC 21:130)
- MARY4 MAXFIELD
- b. at Dorchester on 31 July 1711 (BRC 21:57)
- m. at Dorchester on 11 June 1730 PRESERVED WILLIAMS (BRC 21:114)
- b. at Dorchester on 20 October 1707 (BRC 21:53)
- child of Nicholas and Mary Williams
- d. at Dorchester on 12 February 1741 (BRC 21:139)
Sources abbreviated above include:
- BRC 21
- City of Boston, Report of the Records Commissioners. Vol. 21: Dorchester Births, Marriages and Deaths to the End of 1825. Boston: Rockwell and Churchill, 1891.
- New England Historical and Genealogical Register.
Return to "Chuck Maxfield's Genealogy Page"
Return to Maxfield Genealogy
Go to Maxfield Outline Index
© 2001 by Charles A. Maxfield
Material on this website may be downloaded for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the proprietor of this website
Charles A. Maxfield