Adiel Harvey Hathaway (1864-1935)
BARBARA ESTHER10 HATHAWAY Arthur9-8, John7, David6, Salathiel5, Thomas4, Arthur3, John2, Arthur1) was born at Fairhaven, Massachusetts, on 8 August 1933. Her parents were Adiel Francis Hathaway and his first wife Ellen Etta Whittaker. Barbara went to Fairhaven schools, then worked in factories until her children were born.
Barbara Hathaway married ARTHUR E. STERLING at Portsmouth, Rhode Island, on 30 June 1954. Arthur was born at New Bedford, Massachusetts, in November 1913. He served in the Army in World War II. He worked for Merchants National Bank (later called Bay Bank). He was a member of the V.F.W. and South Baptist Church, in New Bedford.
Barbara died at New Bedford on 27 April 1981, and was buried at Naskatucket Cemetery, Fairhaven. Arthur died at New Bedford on 17 November 1982.
Arthur and Barbara Sterling had the following children:
- LYNNE ELLEN11 STERLING
- b. at Acushnet, MA, on 4 December 1954
- four children; at least one grandchild
- SHEILA RAE11 STERLING
- b. at Acushnet on 28 December 1955
- one child
- KIM ELEANOR11 STERLING
- b. at Acushnet on 15 December 1957
- three children
- SCOTT11 STERLING
- b. at New Bedford on 4 February 1962
- Illness. Nov 1962 Spinal Meningitis--as a result he was retarded.
- d. on 26 March 1991
- bur. at Tabor Cemetery, Acushnet
- RICHARD11 STERLING
- b. at New Bedford on 3 January 1963
- CYNTHIA11 STERLING
- b. at New Bedford on 19 May 1964
- one child
- DOUGLAS11 STERLING
- b. at New Bedford on 19 September 1965
- two children
Information provided by Eleanor Hathaway Pease Brunelle
Return to "Chuck Maxfield's Genealogy Page"
Go to References
Go to Name List Index
© 2004 by Charles A. Maxfield
Material on this website may be downloaded for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the proprietor of this website
Charles A. Maxfield