Some of the Descendants of
of Charlestown, Massachuetts
LEWIS AUSTIN8 BLANCHARD (Stephen7, Adam6-5, John4-3, Nathaniel2, Thomas1) was born at Abington, Massachusetts, on 1 December 1820 (VR Ab 1:34), a child of Stephen Blanchard and his first wife Laura Vining.
Lewis Austin Blanchard and LYDIA6 HOLLIS (Ambrose5-4, John3, Samuel2, John1) published their intentions to marry at Randolph, Massachusetts, on 17 October 1841 (Sprague 721; 2647). Lydia was born at Randolph on 2 October 1827 (VR Wey 1:138貿rom grave record; Sprague 2647), a child of Ambrose Hollis Junior and his wife Lydia Hollis.
Lewis Austin Blanchard was listed in the 1850 Census as a bootmaker in Randolph (Sprague 721). They lived before 1862 in that part of Randolph that became Holbrook, and after 1862 in Weymouth, Massachusetts (Clipping: "South Weymouth Couple Observes Golden Wedding.")
Lewis Austin Blanchard died at Randolph on 17 May 1890 (Sprague 721). His widow Lydia died there on 13 March 1906 (Sprague 1:721). They were both buried in Lakeview Cemetery, Weymouth (DMH傍).
Lewis and Lydia Blanchard had the following children:
- LYDIA ALVIRA9 BLANCHARD
- b. at Randolph on 17 July 1845 (Sprague 1:721)
- d. at Randolph on 16 March 1847 (Sprague 1:721)
- LEWIS RIPLEY9 BLANCHARD
- b. at Randolph on 2 February 1848 (Sprague 1:721)
- d. at Randolph on 5 September 1848 (Sprague 1:721)
- LAWRENCE AUSTIN9 BLANCHARD
- b. at Randolph on 2 March 1849 (Sprague 721)
- d. on 18 May 1890 (DMH傍)
- m. on 26 November 1873 EVA STODDARD (DMH傍)
- LYDIA ELVIRA9 BLANCHARD
- b. at Randolph on 30 March 1850 (DMH傍; Sprague 721--yr + place)
- d. on 13 March 1906 (DMH傍)
- m. in January 1867 Major TIRRELL (DMH傍)
- CHARLES ALDEN9 BLANCHARD
- b. on 2 Aprril 1853 (DMH傍)
- m. in September 1874 ANGELINE L. BROWN (DMH傍)
- SARAH JANE9 BLANCHARD b. at Randolph on 23 September 1855
- MARY ADAH9 BLANCHARD
- b. on 24 October 1858 (DMH傍)
- m. EDWARD E. HAYDEN (DMH傍)
- JOSEPHINE9 BLANCHARD
- b. on 24 February 1862 (BTM)
- LEWIS ROCKWELL9 BLANCHARD
- b. on 24 August 1864 (DMH傍)
- m. MABEL POOLE (DMH傍)
Information on this family can be found in the following source:
- Sprague, Waldo Chamberlain, ed. Genealogies of the Families of Braintree, Massachusetts, 1640-1850. Including the Modern Towns of Randolph and Holbrook and the City of Quincy. microfilm, Boston: NEHGS, in cooperation with Quincy Historical Society, 1983. Cards 721,2647.
- Hartshorn, Doris Maxfield. Genealogy of the James Bradford Tirrell Family. Ditto copies circulated within the family, abt 1970.
Return to "Chuck Maxfield's Genealogy Page"
Go to References
Go to Name List Index
© 2004 by Charles A. Maxfield
Material on this website may be downloaded for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the proprietor of this website
Charles A. Maxfield