Some of the Descendants of
of Charlestown, Massachuetts
STEPHEN7 BLANCHARD (Adam6-5, John4-3, Nathaniel2, Thomas1) was born at Abington, Massachusetts, on 30 March 1799 (VR Ab 1:35), the son of Adam Blanchard Junior and his wife Rebecca Pain.
At Abington on 18 July 1820 (VR Ab 2:33) Stephen Blanchard married LAURA6 VINING (Deborah5, Elisha4-3, George2, John1). Laura was born at Abington on 28 August 1802 (VR Ab 1:237), the daughter of Deborah Vining. Laura died at the young age of 24, at Abington on 8 April 1826 (VR Ab 2:255).
The young widower Stephen Blanchard published his intentions to marry the not quite so young widow CHARLOTTE WHITE Thayer of Weymouth, Massachusetts, at Abington on 20 August 1826 (VR Ab 2:33). They were married at Weymouth on 4 October 1826 (VR Wey 2:34). Charlotte was the widow of Benjamin Thayer (Sprague 720). She was born at Braintree, Massachusetts, on 3 January 1786 (Sprague 720).
Stephen Blanchard died at Randolph, Massachusetts, on 28 October 1844 (Sprague 720), at the age of 46. (The Holbrook Church Record gave the date as 7 October).
His widow Charlotte died at Weymouth on 1 January 1865 (Sprague 720).
Stephen Blanchard and his first wife Laura had the following children:
Stephen Blanchard and his second wife Charlotte had the following child:
- LEWIS AUSTIN8 BLANCHARD b. at Abington on 1 December 1820
- BETSEY ANN8 BLANCHARD
- b. at Abington on 4 August 1822 (VR Ab 1:33)
- m. (m. int. at Randolph on 13 November 1836 (Sprague 720)) at Weymouth on 6 December 1837 GEORGE BELCHER of Randolph (VR Wey 2:32)
- ELISHA VINING8 BLANCHARD
- b. at Abington on 3 July 1825 (Sprague 722)
- d. at Holbrook, MA, on 11 March 1907 (Sprague 722)
- m. (m. int. at Randolph on 18 February 1849) EMELINE HOLBROOK (Sprague 722)
- b. at Braintree on 28 February 1832 (Sprague 722)
- d. at Holbrook on 29 Apr 1898 (Sprague 722)
- STEPHEN ADAMS8 BLANCHARD
- b. on 26 June 1830 (Sprague 720)
- d. at Holbrook on 6 February 1900 (Sprague 720)
- m. on 4 July 1854 RHODA FORD of Abington (Sprague 720)
Information on this family can be found in the following source:
- Sprague, Waldo Chamberlain, ed. Genealogies of the Families of Braintree, Massachusetts, 1640-1850. Including the Modern Towns of Randolph and Holbrook and the City of Quincy. microfilm, Boston: NEHGS, in cooperation with Quincy Historical Society, 1983. Cards 720,722.
Return to "Chuck Maxfield's Genealogy Page"
Go to References
Go to Name List Index
© 2004 by Charles A. Maxfield
Material on this website may be downloaded for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the proprietor of this website
Charles A. Maxfield