Some of the Descendants of
of Charlestown, Massachuetts
ADAM5 BLANCHARD (John4, Nathaniel3, Thomas2, later called Adam Blanchard, Senior, was born at Weymouth, Massachusetts, on 17 June 1740 (VR Wey 1:53), a child of Deacon John Blanchard, Jr., and his wife Elizabeth Gross. At Abington, Massachusetts, on 11 December 1766 (VR Ab 2:34), Adam Blanchard of Weymouth married HULDAb PAIN (Stephena). She was born at Weymouth on 14 September 1748 (VR Wey 1:204), a child of Stephen Pain and his wife Content Burrell.
Adam Blanchard fought in the Revolutionary War for three short actions, as follows (MSSRW 2:158):
Blancher, Adam, Weymouth, Private, Capt. Thomas Nash's co., Col. Solomon Lovell's regt.; marched to take possession of Dorchester Heights, March 4, 1776, service 4 days;
The 1790 Census reported the Adam Blanchard family living in Weymouth as follows (Census 1790 Ma):
also: pay roll for 2 days service subsequent to March 10, 1776;
also: Capt. Nash's co., Col. David Cushing's regt.; payroll for 3 days service in Aug., 1777, at Hull.
Sometime after 1790 and before their deaths they moved to the section of Abington that later became Rockland.
Hulda (Pain) Blanchard died at Abington on 18 February 1807 (VR Ab 2:254), in her 58th year. Adam died there one month later, on 18 March 1807 (VR Ab 2:253), in his 66th year.
Adam and Hulda Blanchard had the following children:
- ADAM6 BLANCHARD Jr. bp. at Weymouth on 1 July 1770
- HULDAH6 BLANCHARD
- bp. at South Parish Church, Weymouth, on 2 February 1772 (VR Wey 1:54)
- d. at Abington on 16 February 1798 (age 26) (VR Ab 2:253)
- LEMUEL6 BLANCHARD
- bp. at South Parish Church, Weymouth, on 3 April 1774 (VR Wey 1:54)
- d. at Abington on 24 September 1806 (unmarried; age 32 or 33, son of Adam) (VR Ab 2:254)
- MAHALA6 BLANCHARD
- bp. at South Parish Church, Weymouth, on 11 June 1775 (VR Wey 1:55)
- d. at Abington on 16 December 1848 (unmarried; daughter of Adam; lung fever; age 75) (VR Ab 2:254)
- ELI6 BLANCHARD
- bp. at South Parish Church, Weymouth, on 12 April 1778 (VR Wey 1:54)
- d. at Abington on 10 March 1846 (husband of Deborah; age 68--Grave) (VR Ab 2:253)
- Res. Abington and East Bridgewater
- m. at Bridgewater, MA, on 30 August 1798 DEBORAH HARDING of Bridgewater (or 6 September) (VR Ab 2:32)
- STEPHEN6 BLANCHARD
- bp. at South Parish Church, Weymouth, in May 1780 (first name unidentified in record) (VR Wey 1:56)
- d. at Abington on 30 March 1796 (age 16.; son of Adam; or 31 March) (VR Ab 2:254)
- OLIVER6 BLANCHARD
- b. on 22 September 1782 (His Wey 103)
- bp. at South Parish Church, Weymouth, on 29 September 1782 (VR Wey 1:52)
- res. North Abington, MA
- m. at Abington on 22 May 1809 SUSANNAH SMITH of Weymouth (VR Ab 2:33)
- POLLY6 BLANCHARD
- bp. at South Parish Church, Weymouth, on 20 November 1785 (VR Wey 1:55)
- m. SAMUEL HOWARD of Randolph (His Wey 103)
- ELIZABETH6 BLANCHARD "Betsey"
- bp. at South Parish Church, Weymouth, on 26 October 1788 (VR Wey 1:53)
- d. at Abington on 8 November 1831 (or 9 November; unmarried; age 43; consumption) (VR Ab 2:253)
Information on this family can be found in the following source:
- Chamberlain, George Walter. History of Weymouth, Massachusetts. Part 2 (vols. 3 and 4). Weymouth, Ma.: Weymouth Historical Society,1923. Pp. 103,455.
Return to "Chuck Maxfield's Genealogy Page"
Go to References
Go to Name List Index
© 2004 by Charles A. Maxfield
Material on this website may be downloaded for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the proprietor of this website
Charles A. Maxfield