Some of the Descendants of
of Charlestown, Massachuetts
NATHANIEL3 BLANCHARD (Nathaniel2, Thomas1) was born at Weymouth, Massachusetts, on 25 September 1665 (VR Wey 1:55). His parents were Nathaniel Blanchard and his wife Susannah Bates. Sometime around 1692 Nathaniel married DOROTHY CAPEN (Sprague 704R). Dorothy was born at Dorchester, Massachusetts, on 16 September 1673 (BRC 21:13), a child of John Capen Junior and his wife Susannah Barsham.
The Nathaniel and Dorothy Blanchard family lived in Weymouth for a while, but by 1708 they had moved to Braintree. They later lived on West Street at Braintree Five-Corners (Sprague 704R).
In 1718 the voters of Braintree elected Nathaniel Blanchard to the position of constable, but he refused the office. In 1725 he was elected surveyor of highways and in 1726 constable (Sprague 704R).
Dorothy (Capen) Blanchard was buried at Braintree on 13 November 1722 (Sprague 704R). "Aged" Nathaniel Blanchard was buried there on 12 March 1739/40 (Sprague 704R).
Nathaniel and Dorothy Blanchard had the following children:
- NATHANIEL4 BLANCHARD
- b. at Weymouth abt 1693/94 (Sprague 706R)
- d. bef 1765 (before his wife's second marriage)
- m (her 1st). at Braintree on 14 April 1724 HANNAH THAYER of Braintree (by Rev. Mr. Samuel Niles) (VR Brt 746)
- b. on 13 January 1698 (Sprague 706R)
- d. aft March 1768 (living) (Sprague 706R)
- m. int. at Braintree on 8 May 1765 WILLIAM NOYES (VR Brt 873)
- DOROTHY4 BLANCHARD
- b. at Weymouth on 12 May 1696 (VR Wey 1:54)
- d. bef 3 December 1697 (before birth of next child given same name)
- DOROTHY4 BLANCHARD
- b. at Weymouth on 3 December 1697
- m. DAVID4 THAYER (Cornelius3, Richard2-1)
- SUSANNAH4 BLANCHARD
- b. at Weymouth on 7 July 1700 (VR Wey 1:56)
- m. at Braintree on 17 August 1725 NATHANIEL FRENCH of Braintree (by Rev. Mr. Samuel Niles) (VR Brt 747)
- JOSIAH4 BLANCHARD
- b. at Weymouth on 9 September 1702 (VR Wey 1:54)
- NEHEMIAH4 BLANCHARD
- b. at Weymouth on 15 November 1704 (VR Wey 1:55; Sprague 705)
- bur. on 12 May 1738 (Sprague 705)
- SAMUEL4 BLANCHARD
- b. at Weymouth abt 1706 (or 1711) (Sprague 705)
- m. at Braintree on 4 January 1743/44 MARY WHITMARSH (by the Rev. Samuel Niles) (GR 60:41)
- b. at Abington, Ma, on 17 May 1721 (Sprague 706R)
- Child of Ebenezer and Elizabeth (Dyer) Whitmarsh
- (infant)4 BLANCHARD
- b. on 16 January 1708/9 (based on age at burial)
- bur. at Braintree on 18 January 1708/9 (at 2 days) (Sprague 705)
- HANNAH4 BLANCHARD
- b. at Braintree on 14 March 1709/10 (VR Brt 689)
- d. at Braintree on March 1748 (VR Brt 735)
- m. at Braintree on 20 January 1746 EDWARD FAXON (by the Rev. Samuel Niles) (GR 60:41)
- b. at Braintree on 6 May 1700 (VR Brt 679)
- Child of Josiah and Mehetable Faxon (NOT PROVEN that this is correct birth record)
- MARY4 BLANCHARD
- b. at Braintree on 22 February 1712/13 (VR Brt 692)
- m. at Braintree on 17 January 1738 BENJAMIN SAVEL (by Rev. Mr. Samuel Niles) (VR Brt 752)
- b. at Braintree on 8 June 1711 (VR Brt 690)
- Child of Samuel and Mary Savel (Not proven)
- JOHN4 BLANCHARD
- b. at Braintree on 22 March 1715 (VR Brt 699)
- m. at Roxbury on 14 November 1737 MARY PERRY (Sprague 708)
- bp. at Roxbury on 13 July 1718 (Sprague 708)
Information on this family can be found in the following sources:
- Chamberlain, George Walter. History of Weymouth, Massachusetts. Part 2 (vols. 3 and 4). Weymouth, Ma.: Weymouth Historical Society,1923. Pp. 98,99.
- Sprague, Waldo Chamberlain, ed. Genealogies of the Families of Braintree, Massachusetts, 1640-1850. Including the Modern Towns of Randolph and Holbrook and the City of Quincy. microfilm, Boston: NEHGS, in cooperation with Quincy Historical Society, 1983. box 1, cards 704R, 705, 706R, 708, 924.
Return to "Chuck Maxfield's Genealogy Page"
Go to References
Go to Name List Index
© 2004 by Charles A. Maxfield
Material on this website may be downloaded for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the proprietor of this website
Charles A. Maxfield