WELCOME! © 2012 by Charles A. Maxfield
Material on this website may
be downloaded for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the
proprietor of this website Charles
The purpose of this web site is to share genealogical information
The subject matter of this web site is the genealogy of the families
in the ancestry of
Charles A. Maxfield (b. 1946 Fall River, Ma.)
and his first
Christyann Ranck (b. 1946 Lancaster, Pa.)
and his second wife
Constance Lezenby (b. 1954 Brooklyn, NY)
This web site contains five different kinds of genealogies:
POLICY ON LIVING PERSONS
In the past I have tried to follow the practice of many on-line genealogies to exclude information on living persons. However, if I do not have death information, I do not know if a person is living or dead. Also, much of my information comes from on-line sources or other sources of public information that are available to anyone. So I have not really been protecting anyone's privacy. So from now (2009) on, as I revise these pages, I will include all persons. I will exclude addresses and locations of living persons (except where they appear in blockquotes, such as published obituaries). If anyone does not want any information on you or your family posted here, please contact me, and I will remove it.
- direct line only
- A brief listing of a line of descent. This is used for lines of ancestry
of the subjects, which lines have been well documented in published books and
periodicals available at many good genealogical libraries. References are
- surname genealogy
- A full genealogy of all of the descendants of a person or couple who at
any time bore the family surname. This kind of genealogy is given for families
for which comprehensive secondary sources are not easily available.
- full genealogy
- A full account of all of the descendants of a person or couple. On this
web site full genealogies are given only for the most recent generations of
families--generally about the last five generations.
- direct line with siblings
- A listing of a direct line of the subjects' ancestors, and in addition
information on all of the children, and their spouses, of each neuclear family
in that line.
- information on ancestors
- Data on all lines of ancestry of a particular person, with information
comparable to that found in a direct line with siblings. This kind of
genealogy is used where a person's ancestry has ben traced only a short way,
and not to any original immigrants.
INFORMATION SHARING This genealogy page is a work in
progress. Corrections and additions and suggestions for links are welcome
- Full genealogy of the descendants of John George Bauer
(1850-1932), alias John Todd, immigrant from Germany who lived in
Lancaster and Coatesville, Pennsylvania.
- Direct line with siblings of several lines of descent from
Thomas Blanchard, who came to New England on the Jonathan in
1639, the longest line extending to Lewis Austin Blanchard (1820-1890)
and his wife Lydia Hollis (1827-1906).
- Direct line with siblings of the line of descent from Martin and
Magdalena Harnish, who came to America by 1718 and settled in Lancaster
County, Pennsylvania, to Jacob S. Harnish (1857-1919) and his wife
Annie Marie Shaubach (1861-1919).
- Direct line only of the lines of descent from Arthur
Hathaway, of Marshfield, Plymouth Colony in 1643 to Adiel Harvey
Hathaway. And a full genealogy of the descendants of Adiel
Harvey Hathaway (1864-1935) and his wife Julia Lawton Reed
- full genealogy of the descendants of George Adam Krumbholz
(1857-1936) and his wife Pauline Zeller (1855-1939), immigrants from
Germany who settled in New Bedford, Massachusetts.
- surname genealogy of the descendants of Cornelius Lezenby and his wife Eliza Wilson, immigrants from England, who came to America about 1846 and settled in Camden, New Jersey, with some information on ancestors in England.
- direct line with siblings of the line of descent from John
Gochenauer to Mary Gochenauer. And a full genealogy of the
descendants of Mary Gochenauer (1836-1916) of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, whose descendants went by the name of Martin.
- Information on all Maxfield lines in America will be found in this section. It currently includes:
Surname genealogy of the descendants of Clement Maxfield of Dorchester, Massachusetts probably by 1639;
- Surname genealogy of the descendants of John Maxfield of Salisbury, Massachusetts in 1652;
- Surname genealogy of the descendants of William Maxfield of Brooklyn, New York (b. England abt. 1780/1);
- Information on the earliest generation of several other lines;
- links to other Maxfield sites;
- outline list of all Maxfield descendents in America.
- direct line only of the line of descent from Jean Valentine Ranck (1668-1710) through his son John Philip Ranck
(1704-1784), immigrant to Pennsylvania, to Adam Michael Ranck. And a
full genealogy of the descendants of Adam Michael Ranck
(1850-1922) and his wife Caroline Wenger (1850-1941) of Lancaster
- REED, William
- direct line with siblings of several lines of descent from
William and Avis Reed, immigrants to Weymouth, Massachusetts by 1651,
the longest line extending to Julia Lawton REED Hathaway (1873-1956) of
- surname genealogy of the descendants of Henry Schaubach (1814/5-aft 1880) and Andrew Shaubach (1826-1889), brothers from Hessen Darmstadt, Germany, who came to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, in 1832 and 1844 respectively.
- Direct line with siblings of the line of descent from immigrants
Robert Stetson and his wife Honour Tucker, who arrived in
Scituate, Plymouth Colony, about 1642, to Smith Stetson (1786-1817) and
his wife Phebe Horton Stetson Pope Taber (1786-1838).
- Direct line with siblings of the line of descent from William
Thomas (abt 1573-1651), who came to Plymouth Colony by 1636 and settled in
Marshfield, to Calvin Thomas, Jr. (1825-1863) and his wife Hope Ann
- Direct line only of the line of descent from William
Therrill, of Boston, Massachusetts by 1654, to James Bradford
Tirrell. And a full genealogy of the descendants of James
Bradford Tirrell (1852-1938) and his wife Sarah Jane Blanchard
- Direct line only of the line of descent from Christian
Wenger of Schellinberg, Switzerland, through Christian Wenger the
1727 immigrant to Pennsylvania, to Christian S. Wenger (1810-1885) and
his wife Mary Royer (1821-1903).
A list of all the ancestors in America, which I have identified, of my granddaughter, Rebekkah Jane Maxfield
How do I find anything on this website?
For the Maxfield Genealogy go to the Maxfield Index.
For all other lines the best way to navigate this website is to click Name List Index, find the name of someone you
know or want to know about, and click it.
To begin with my page, go to Family of Charles A. Maxfield
Each family group has links to parents and children, to the Name List Index, and back to this Welcome Page.
Merry Christmas 2009
Go to References
Go to Maxfield Index
Go to Name List Index